Not Being Homeless

We you leave the homeless lifestyle you start to become less associated with the environment.  You start to look down at the people not helping themselves and want to pass them by as if you are better than them.  I don't want that to happen.  I believe if I start to focus on helping at least one a week, then work my way to one a day, I will remember that I came from this place.  I flew a sign few minutes one day to help a friend but felt bad after seeing someone I knew driving by in a car.  There are some people that sit on the corner by my street that I know have a place of their own.  I want to help them but as long as they are begging for money I don't feel there is much to do to help.  I want to start reaching out to them to explain there are groups, resources, and a better way to earn money.  I hope this blog lets people know where I am now in my life and where I would like to be.  I am a bit crazy sometimes because no matter how you try to remove yourself from your life you must change it to make things different.

Comments