Being Productive

Things New




News

Today my mom told me that my sister's boyfriend heard a rocket launching at Vandenburg Airforce base. So I searched the web to see what I could find about it. According to Space Archive, this was a satellite launch. The local news channel CBS in Los Angeles said they could see it lift off. My family is in that area so that makes lots of sense.

Cooking


I started cooking this meal five days ago. I looked up the recipe on my favorite site and found the Shrimp Florentine with Zoodles recipe. I had to peel the shrimp, which took so long (20 mins) that I got hungry and stopped. I went to a BBQ and didn't cook that day. I was in pain from my teeth, then got them pulled and couldn't eat for several days. Finally, I cooked the whole meal according to the recipe except for missing red pepper leaves and adding cheese. The shrimp was over-cooked, so it was falling apart. It tasted good but I was disappointed in myself and proud to have cooked something new.

Cleaning

I cleaned my house today, went for a walk and decided it was time to wash clothes if I wanted my house really clean. I have some samples of Downy Unstopables and #GotItFree. I just was trying to share them online with social media and kept messing up the videos. I did one final one and decided if this one failed that I was giving up at trying to share it. Now my clothes and home smell wonderful because the scent actually lasts a very long time.

Entertainment

I found out that YouTube has TV channels now. There was a free trial offered so I signed up. I started watching and it is ok because I can watch local channels and my favorite, SyFy. I saw today was the premiere of Star Trek: Discovery. So far this show is not boring. I have watched most of it while writing this post, that should tell you something. I was lucky that it was just starting when I got a knock at the door. This guy is always bugging me about getting free things and have the nerve to ask if we will ever be intimate ever again. He had just woke me up yesterday to ask me to borrow my DVD player. I told him yesterday that it was selfish to wake me up because he was bored. He stated he wouldn't knock on my door again but he knocked today.

I am ready to send a note to tell him that I can't have him in my life anymore. I believe that he is a distraction keeping me from being productive. I want to do art and crafts. I want to wake up and exercise. I want to have money in my wallet every week, even if it is only five or ten dollars. I want to be more productive and write more often to improve my skills so that I may be able to write a book one day.

I am washing clothes to get all my upcycled materials ready for use and to put away summer clothes as well. I want to start my crafts either for sale or to show on display. It is the time in my life to shed the bad people in my life and start new connections. Being productive in my late 40's will get me ready for when I am older. I may be able to scrape together enough residual income to enjoy the rest of my life with minimal effort.

If you think that this is how your life goes somedays or at least you understand where I am going through please tell me and leave comments below.


Comments