Depression for a Homeless Man

I have a friend that is homeless.  I saw him the other day and he seemed buzzed.  He said he would like to walk in front of the mall ride bus.  I said casually no you don't.  He said yes, because he is tired of being homeless.  He used to sale the homeless paper, The Voice.  He would go out quite often to do it but he is afraid the paper will be closing do to lack of funding.  He said he has tried hard to look for work but that was a dead in.  Now all he wants to do is sit around doing nothing, hoping he will die soon.  He is only 51, I can't believe that he is ready to end his life.  I just told him that maybe if I write about his life, maybe some changes would help.  I know there are some resources out there that can help him but he has given up.  Good news is that he has not rejected me and maybe there is something I can do to help.  This is my website I am using to help the homeless: http://www.chacalit.com/ I plan to provide resources to anyone that needs it.

Comments