Problem with Homelessness

People look at homeless people as being dirty, always begging, and lazy. The real problem is that once you get there it is hard to come out. People look down at you which lowers your self-esteem. You don't have income so it always seems like you are begging. No matter how hard you are looking for work, when they find you are homeless they immediately think you are lazy.

I was homeless at one time but work since I was 14yrs old. I did stop two other time but of course, I was pregnant and enrolled in school. I love being productive but don't know how to reach out to the world to let them know that being homeless doesn't mean you can't achieve or even have goals. How can you get there when everyone turns you down.

I wanted to come up with a website for the homeless in Denver to help them find resources to move them in directions to help themselves. This would be a lot of work but I would need help from several people to keep this information up to date. On top of this, I am doing a paper on the low-income recipients that are having similar problems and decided it should be one website with all this information on it.

Please contact me if you have any suggestions or solutions to help as well as questions, thank you for reading.




Comments